Have you been searching for a natural alternative to make you look and feel younger, tighter, lifted and refreshed without surgery?
Look no further, Dr. Mattone is excited to offer a low risk, non-surgical natural solution.
Fibroblast Skin Tightening is just that – a strategic lifting/tightening/shrinking of the skin that lifts droopy eyelids, smooths out undereye bags, erases lines, wrinkles, creases and crepey skin and plumps up lips. It tightens loose, sagging skin in areas that no amount of exercise can, such as your belly, knees and arms. The process is natural so the results look natural…something that can’t always be said following plastic surgery, botox and other invasive procedures.
Fibroblast skin tightening harnesses the power of your body’s own natural healing mechanism. It stimulates the body to make more collagen and elastin. In the process of healing, the loose skin returns to its more youthful original state.
The process can be likened to ironing away the wrinkles on your favorite shirt. A few quick passes and viola, the shirt comes out smooth, no wrinkles or creases, just like the day you got it!
While the remarkable results of Fibroblast Skin Tightening are comparable to plastic surgery, nothing else is. Fibroblast Skin Tightening is a fraction of the cost, there is no need for whole body anesthesia, no blood loss, no cutting, no stitches and no need for a hospital stay followed by hiding indoors for weeks. With Fibroblast Skin Tightening you’ll be back up and on the move as soon as the procedure is complete.
The effects of fibroblast, in much the same way as surgery, are permanent and may be visible for years, however neither procedure can stop the aging process.
Fibroblast technology can do so much more than get rid of wrinkles and loose skin on your neck, belly, arms and legs. It can also remove skin tags within seconds, eradicate age spots and stretch marks within minutes and significantly reduce the appearance of scars in a single session.
Fibroblast Facial Tightening
Is “mirror mirror on the wall” not working for you? See the younger you again with Fibroblast Skin Tightening. Erase years of aging without the danger or expense of invasive surgery. Fibroblast Skin Tightening gives you naturally beautiful long-lasting results. Be your own kind of beautiful!
Fibroblast Body Skin Tightening
Whether we are covered up or not, we are still conscious of our bodies. And no matter how hard we try, there are just some problem areas that don’t go away. Fibroblast Body Skin Tightening helps reduce loose skin in these problem areas, helping you feel confident in your own skin again.
Stretch Marks, Scars Acne And Skin Tag Removal
Are skin tags, scars and stretch marks ruining your flawless image? Fibroblast removes skin tags within seconds, eradicates age spots and stretch marks within minutes and significantly reduces the appearance of scars in a single session.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Fibroblast Skin Tightening?
It is a revolutionary treatment and beauty game changer!!! Fibroblast Skin Tightening (FST) treatment is a NON-invasive, NON-surgical procedure. No scalpels or any surgical instruments are used. FST uses an electrical arc that is transmitted through a small probe. This innovative technique cannot cause the so-called over lifting, as it only affects excess or loose skin which returns to its original state.
Is Fibroblast Skin Tightening Treatment Right for Me?
With the help of a Fibroblast Skin Tightening instrument it is possible to treat various skin problems (acne, sunspots, stretch marks, wrinkles, etc.), achieve a lifting effect of loose skin and correct or remove scars. If you suffer from any of the above mentioned and do not want to go through a traditional surgical procedure, Fibroblast Skin Tightening may be the right solution for you.
Which Are the Most Common Treated Areas?
Upper eyelids, lower eyelids, neck, mid-face/jowls, wrinkles, forehead worry lines, crows feet, smile lines, marionette/lip lines, belly skin, removal of age & sun spots (usually not on face), loose/saggy skin area (ears, thighs, arms, hands, etc.). NOTE: We do NOT treat MOLES and/or birthmarks.
How Long Does the Treatment Take?
First the topical anesthetic (cream) is applied, numbing the area to be treated. The anesthetic takes effect 45 minutes after application. The procedure itself does not last long..generally 20 to 30 minutes per area. The duration of the treatment following the initial anesthetic application is approximately 60 to 90 minutes.
Is Any Special Pre-treatment Needed?
You should arrive with a clean, dry face and it is advisable that you do not apply any cosmetic products to the area to be treated (especially products containing alcohol). During the consultation you should mention all recent surgical or aesthetic procedures. Please see our pretreatment instructions for more information.
Is the Procedure Painful?
Fibroblast Skin Tightening is a 100% non-invasive procedure which causes little to no pain. It is virtually painless, as the area to be treated is numbed prior to starting. During the procedure the patient’s may feel some discomfort, not actual pain, depending on the area being treated on the face/body. Following the treatment, the treated area may be red (7-14 days) and some patients may experience some minor swelling (particularly around the eyes) which may last up to 3-4 days. At the site of each spot a very tiny scab will form. These will fall off naturally in 4-7 days.
Is Fibroblast Skin Tightening Treatment Safe?
The treatment is very safe as it is a non-surgical procedure. It has a negligible amount of possible side effects and complications. The procedure is based on the natural stimulation of skin regeneration, so the “overdone look” which may be seen in the world of traditional surgery is not possible. The Fibroblast Skin Tightening treatment takes a very short time, with stress on the aftercare, as, in case the patient neglects the instructions for aftercare, the treated area may suffer from: inflammation, hyper-pigmentation, scarring
Are There Any Possible Side Effects of FST?
Fibroblast Skin Tightening treatment takes a very short time, with stress on the aftercare. If the patient neglects the instructions for aftercare, the treated area may suffer from: inflammation, hyper-pigmentation, scarring and lack of maximum effect. FST treatment is an exceptionally safe procedure with virtually no side effects or they occur very rarely. Possible side effects are inflammation, scarring or minor change in skin pigmentation, which is very rare. It is highly important for each patient to follow the instructions for aftercare closely. Micro-scabs which occur after the treatment are part of the treatment and will fall off after 4-5 days. Minor swelling after treating the area around the eyes is normal and will disappear after 3-5 days, depending on the patient’s sensitivity. Pain- Most people feel some heat-related discomfort during the treatment. This discomfort is usually temporary during the procedure and localized within the treatment area. Redness and Swelling- FST treatments will cause varying degrees of redness and swelling in the treatment area. These common side effects usually last from several days to a few weeks. Prolonged redness, although rare, has been previously documented to last several months Itching- This can occur as part of the normal wound healing process or may occur as part of infection, poor wound healing or contact dermatitis.
What Aftercare is Involved?
It is very important to treat your skin well after any cosmetic treatment, not only to get great results, but also to protect against any complications. We proudly provide you with the PRIVE Academy after-care collection. It consists of three healing-based creams. All three creams are based on mild ingredients and can also be used for other skin difficulties. Do not pick carbon micro-scabs; they will fall off naturally in the days following treatment. After the treatment apply the aftercare creams on the treated area(s) as directed and as long as it is sensitive. Cream #3 is very important when you are exposed to the sun, as it contains SPF. Avoid saunas, pools, solariums or any kind of exposure to activities which present risk for infection of the treated area(s). Make sure to protect the treated area from direct sun until the skin is completely regenerated (2-4 weeks). Do not apply products containing alcohol or other scents. Do not cover with plasters or covers.
May I Use Makeup After the Fibroblast Skin Tightening Treatment?
Do not use makeup after the treatment, as it generally is not sterile. The first 5-6 days after the treatment, or until the micro-scabs fall off, use the antiseptic product and the aftercare cream, applying it softly to the treated area. When the micro-scabs fall off, you may apply some light makeup if necessary.
How Many Treatments Are Required for a Perfect Result?
The result depends on the state of the patient’s skin and the desired degree of correction. Patient’s are often satisfied after only one treatment, e.g. the wrinkles are not very deep. But due to the simplicity of the procedure and the affordable price, patient’s often opt for two or even three treatments to achieve a perfect result. The procedure may be repeated after the skin is fully regenerated. Generally 2 sessions are required.
How Long Will the Effect of the Fibroblast Skin Tightening Treatment Last?
The results of the Fibroblast Skin Tightening treatment are permanent and may be visible for years. But we should acknowledge that the aging process is continuous and thus the skin ages every day after the procedure and this cannot be stopped. The results of this method are permanent, but when we talk about facial lines (worry lines) these may re-occur quickly because muscles are stronger than the skin and sequently certain lines will re-occur. On average results last from 2-5 years.
When Can You Resume Regular Aha Skin Cleansing?
It is safe to reintroduce these types of products (cleaners, creams and serums containing acids such as salicylic, glycolic, lactic, etc.) at the 8 week post treatment mark.
What is a FST Lip Flip?
A lip flip is a reshaping and contouring of the upper lip to provide a fuller natural look, as if you had injectable filler placed in a very tasteful manner.
- Heart conditions, angina or blood pressure problems
- Diabetes or poor wound healing.
- Autoimmune disorders
- Currently have cold sores (Taking Acyclovir / Zovirax 3 days before treatment and for 4 days following treatment is recommended if there is a history of cold sores)
- Currently using Accutane or used Accutane in the last year
- History of keloid scar formation or hyperpigmentation
- Allergies to any anaesthetics (Lidocaine, Benzocaine, Tetracaine) or topical preparations
- Pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Any other associated health conditions or medications taken
Fibroblast Skin Tightening Pre-Care
- If you are displaying signs of cold or flu the treatment should be rescheduled.
- Contact lenses must be removed when performing treatment on the upper eyelids.
- Skin should not be inflamed in the area we are treating prior to procedure.
- If you have a sunburn/suntan treatment should be postponed for up to 8 weeks or until tan/burn signs disappear.
- Discontinue use of any AHA and/or Retinol skincare products for 4 weeks prior to treatment.
- Eyelash extensions receiving upper or lower eyelid treatment MUST have lashes removed prior to treatment and reapplied after 8 weeks.
- Discontinue use of any cleaners, creams, and serums containing acids such as salicylic, glycolic, and lactic 4 weeks prior to having any facial Plasma Skin Tightening procedures performed.
Fibroblast Skin Tightening Post-Care
Keep the area clean to avoid infections until the scabs have formed and exfoliated on their own. Follow the aftercare instructions exactly as written to ensure the best possible healed outcome.
- Ice the treated area (use a clean tea towel to cover the ice pack) alternating 5 minutes on and 10 minutes off, for up to one hour for the first 2 days.
- Gently apply your aftercare product provided (using only clean hands) to the treated area as needed to relieve pain/itching each day until your scabs fall off on their own.
- IMPORTANT!!! Allow the scabs to come off on their own. This will ensure the best possible healed result and avoid scarring and infection.
- Be patient with the process and allow yourself time to rest and heal.
- Avoid sun exposure and tanning beds – Once the scabbing/peeling process is complete, always apply a broad spectrum sunscreen to the treated area . The skin is still healing and can easily become damaged by the UV rays causing hyperpigmentation. The sunscreen should offer broadband protection (UVA and UVB) and have a sun protection factor (SPF) of 30 or more. You should first apply sunscreen 20 minutes before going outside, and again, immediately before. After that, reapply your sunscreen every 2 hours. If direct sun exposure is necessary, wear a hat and clothing that covers the treated area. Use this regimen during the healing period and always.
- Do not pick the scabs. Let them fall off by themselves or you risk scarring
- Do not apply any make-up (even mineral) for the first 4 days or until the scabbing or peeling is complete (about 7-10 days).
- Do not apply any plasters (liquid band aid) on the treated areas as doing so can delay the natural healing process.
- Do not work out, swim, get in a hot tub or steam bath (avoid sweating and soaking scabs).
Swelling is to be expected after this type of treatment. This is due to the fact that the area will be recovering from a deliberate controlled wound, therefore the natural side effect is swelling. There are steps you can take to minimize the swelling but it cannot be avoided. You can’t avoid or cure the swelling – it is a response to the trauma. The swelling will subside in a matter of days.
Stages Of Healing
Day 1: Try to lay propped up with pillows. Do not lay completely horizontal. Weeping from the treated area is normal as well as some pain and discomfort. The swelling will likely be worse in the mornings and lessen towards the evening. You may find it difficult to open your eyes in the morning following the treatment however, it will subside throughout the day. It will feel like a bad sunburn.
Day 2: The swelling typically peaks by day 2. Do not be surprised if the swelling is worse on the 2nd day. Remember: swelling is worse in the mornings and lessens throughout the day. Swelling can also spread to the under eye area DON’T PANIC this is perfectly normal. The upper and lower eye are all connected therefore the fluids from the upper eye will drain to the lower eye area. This too shall pass. Discomfort and pain are still present and to be expected on the second day.
Day 3: You will notice an improvement in the swelling and the “dots” will start to crust/scab over. The scabs must not be picked, allow them to fall off on their own. Your level of discomfort will have subsided dramatically. Minimal pain expected for the 3rd day. For those who experienced the under eye swelling, this will still be present.
Day 4: Some mild residual swelling may still be present on the upper eyelids. No more pain or discomfort should be felt.
Day 5: Swelling should be complete and scabs may still be present. The under eye swelling should be almost completely resolved by this point if not gone.
Are You An Ideal Candidate?
- You should be in good health at the time of the appointment, with no pre-existing health conditions. Signs of the cold and flu will results in rescheduling your appt.
- Your skin should not be swollen or inflamed on or around the treatment area.
- If your skin in prone to keloid scars this treatment should be avoided.
- Diabetes, healing disorders or lymphatic draining issues should not undergo treatment.
- Sunburn or Suntanning should be avoided. Please avoid tanning prior to treatment.
- Patient’s with Hyperpigmentation / Hypopigmentation are not ideal candidates.
- Treatment cannot be preformed if signs of Herpes simplex (cold sores when working in the lip area) It is recommended you consult with their medical Doctor and begin taking doctor prescribed medication 3 days prior to treatment and 4 days following treatment.
- Treatment cannot be preformed if patient wears a pacemaker.
- Treatment must be avoided if your are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- If you wear eyelash extensions, they must be removed prior to treatment.
- This treatment is only recommended on Fitzpatrick Scale 1-3 Please see diagram